Spread the good cheer!
Think about this. You are feeling really down, helpless, and what not. Someone passes by, and gives you a very nice, bright smile. Didn't that make you feel better? Even a little bit? Come on, admit it, it did!
I had read this a long time ago somewhere:
If you see someone without a smile, give him one of yours
If you see someone without a smile, give him one of yours, and then 4 more to 4 others! Let it multiply 5 fold!
A smile from me :)
This picture reminds me of a story from way back when my niece Aneri was really little, maybe 2 years old. She lived in Oregon at the time. She woke up in the morning, walked out to the living room, looked out the window and said, "Good morning, sunshine!". Its Oregon, there's no sunshine! But she said it with so much cheer and happiness, that it stuck with me! Its such a nice way to start the day!
Ok, now the blessings list!
Today I am grateful for:
- The alarm clock! You should be too! Else I would still be sleeping, and no posts nowhere from me :p
- Friendly strangers! The ones who smile at you for no reason, the ones that hold the door for you, the ones that...you know the ones :)
- People that take time to help! This is specially in reference to a colleague who is SO patient and helps and explains things even if it takes a really long time for the rest of us to understand. He's awesome!
- People who take time to say "Thank you", who show their appreciation in any which way they can!
- For this really bad pasta that I just bought from the cafeteria. Bad as it is, it is better than being hungry!
- To my colleague who offered me her lunch of lemon rice after seeing that I did not like what I was eating!
- My colleagues joking around
- Veens' post about her new "boy friend"
- Watched "Yeh Jo Hai Zindagi" yesterday, that was good. And then "Home Improvements", that was totally hilarious!