Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Enjoy the chaos!

Today's mantra...

Enjoy the chaos! Take it easy!

This mantra just shoved its way into my day! Nothing went as planned from the minute I woke up.
I couldn't wake up at the time I wanted to, I couldn't find the clothes I had planned on wearing, I had meetings from 10:00am to 3:00pm, and ALL of those scheduled ones got canceled, and new ones came out. A friend asked me to go to lunch, and I said, can't, as we had a team lunch today. The minute I emailed her back, I got another one that we couldn't do the team lunch today! So on and so forth. I walked around for half the day with this completely confused look, I just didn't know what to do next! All my carefully laid out plans were gone up in the air...poof! Finally, halfway into the day, I decided to just let it be, sit back and watch what unfolds. Typically, I start panicking when the first thing goes wrong. I think I have to give credit to my colleagues for me still being able to breathe easy! They were like, whats eating you? Made fun of that big question mark on my face, and it easily got replaced by a smile :)

Bottomline is, take it easy. Sometimes we just cannot control what happens around us. The more you try to make things go your way, the deeper you go into the mess! All you can really do then is enjoy the unpredictability of it all. Imagine the day's events as little gift wrapped boxes, full of surprises!

That said, I am a bit nervous now. My mid-year review meeting that was going to happen tomorrow, got pre-poned to an hour from now. Yikes! Lets hope its another nice little gift wrapped box, and not a nasty jolt!

And today's blessings...

Today I am grateful...
  • For life! Chaotic as it was, I thoroughly enjoyed what life brought be today!
  • For my colleagues, they are such funny people
  • For all the laughter around me
  • For the appreciation being showered on me
  • For all the goodwill around me
I feel truly blessed due to all my near and dear ones! Which includes all of you!

Laughter dose of today...
  • My colleagues. Haven't spoken to/met anyone else today, so the list is limited to this.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

So true!

good good! I m glad u have such good colleages.. and dnt worry...the meeting wud go fine!

take care!

--xh-- said...

enjoy teh chaos.. :-D
hope teh review meeting was a giftwrapped box :-D

aneri_masi said...

@veens and xh, meeting postpone ho gayi..to next wednesday. aaj ka din was so unpredictable!

Keshi said...

Enjoy the chaos indeedz! Cos if ur life dun hv any chaos, that means ur not really LIVING it.

Well done girl!

Keshi.

Cinderella said...

I have nice collegues too...

Enjoy the choas !

Loved this line...

Pri said...

yess we need to remind ourselves of this mantra everyday..and this isnt just about the day to day mundane activities but also the ddper philosophical aspects of life :)
cute list...and we are thankful for having u around too...

hugzzz

p.s: how did the review meet go??

Pavi!!!! said...

So did ur mid-yr review go well??I had mine too!

We(Vinod n I) have given up on planning. Things anyway happen irrespective of our plan! We learnt this lesson prety early in life!

aneri_masi said...

@keshi, yeah, but I was worn out by the end of the day! Too much chaos :)

@pri, deep philosophy tow nahi pata, its too deep for me ;)

@ella, nice, isn't it, maybe I should copyright it ;p

@pavi,pri, the review meeting has been postponed to next week!!

Ankur said...

HAHA...
u know isse kya kehte hain ki jahan haath lagao wahin andhera :P :P

aisa mera saath bhi hota hai n i too panic a lot :D :D

hehe

par koi na...tension mat lo.... ab sab acha hoga...

phir aapne wapas email nahi kara apni friend ko???

chale jaate na wapas... aur meeting cancel hui toh acha hai na, enjoy... ;) ;)
hum toh yahi karte hain :D :D

Cheers!!!

Cinderella said...

Hell yeah !

Anonymous said...

U seem to have good colleagues... B ut guess what... i just have juniours in my office... I am the bad ass around here.. LOL

Mysterious Mia said...

ah yeah....this is exactly what am going thru right now.....chaos....the only difference is.....i hope for u it just lasted a day long but for me its been there for weeks now...just that i never voiced it out.......

ah love ya for directing me here....thanks for the huggies dear....u seriously elevate my spirits.....no matter what.