Forgive others who hurt you, forgive yourself for mistakes that might have cost you a little too much. There will not be one single person on earth who can claim that he has never been wronged, he has no grudges against anyone. If they can, then they have probably slept through their life ;)
Resentment, grudge is a negative sentiment that is most harmful to the one bearing it. Its like the "dementors" from Harry Potter, they suck away all happiness and fill you with dark, unhappy thoughts. The person you hate probably does not even know about your feelings, and is completely, blissfully ignorant about it! So who loses here? YOU do. You lose your peace of mind, your happiness, and the precious time you spend in thinking about it. And if they do know about it, and if you care about this person, wouldn't it be nicer for both of you if you forgive them? Sincerely forgive?
So folks, let bygones be bygones, get rid of the baggage, and enjoy your precious life!
Today I am grateful...
- That my work is being appreciated so much. That my ideas are highly regarded, and I am considered as a very important asset to my team! (Yeah, just had that review meeting!)
- That I will be seeing my family tomorrow. I am going to a wedding :)
- That my husband greets me with a huge, happy smile when he wakes up in the morning! Its my sunshine!
- That my friend tried to cheer me up with a funny story. I was not able to explain what was bugging me, and why I was so sad. She didn't try to dig in more, just did what she could to cheer me up. And her effort itself helped :)
- That I can go home early today. I am tired :(
- That I am finally able to forgive a very important person in my life. I feel free and very peaceful