Its the biggest enemy of our happiness! You are probably saying, but there are so many problems, how can I not worry? And my answer is, yes, there are, and there will be problems. Those problems need solutions, not worry! Right?
There really is no benefit to worrying. My parents always tell me, we are so worried about you, you are so far away. I ask them why? And they say, it just happens, we can't not worry. Don't you worry about us? And honestly, no, I don't. I don't see the point of it. If something is bothering me, I will tell them, suggest a solution. Thats about all I can do, right? My worry, or their worry, or anyone else's worry is not going to help anything!
I have inherited my mother's worry genes. Her name is "Mani" and she is nicknamed "chintamani". Chinta literally means "worry". And she does it 24/7! So do I!
And I am slowly realizing how it is eating away at my happiness and the happiness of those around me. I constantly stress about this is not working, that is not working, how will we ever do this or that! What will that person think of me, will someone get angry if I do this, or if I don't do that, stress stress stress. And the chain of thoughts just does not end! I spend so much time thinking of all things that could possibly go wrong, that I forget to enjoy my life at the moment.
So now...I take a deep breath, shake off all that negativity, and I KNOW that I can handle whatever life throws at me only if I don't get scared of it!
And here are the blessings....
Today I am grateful...
- To have realized a few things that can put a smile on my face, no matter what!
- To have such great friends...in blogville and otherwise
- For my ability to write!
- For the chocolate souffle that I just ate
- For the simple, helpful and non-judgmental people that work with me!
- For the husband that I have! I feel so happy to have him in my life!
- For my home, and all the critters I get to see in my backyard. The squirrels, the birds, the cats, love them all! (as long as they stay in the yard and out of my house, of course!)
- For my friend who recently got engaged (you know who you are, and I am waiting for pictures!). This one makes me very very happy!